Otrivine® Child Nasal Drops
Gently helps to clear a blocked nose in children aged 6-12 years old
- Provides relief in as little as 2 minutes
- Lasts up to 10 hours
Where to buy
How it works
Otrivine® Child Nasal Drops contain the active ingredient xylometazoline hydrochloride that helps to open up and clear nasal passages by reducing nasal mucus and returning swollen blood vessels to their normal size.
How to use
1 to 2 drops in each nostril once or twice daily. Not more than 2 doses should be given in any 24 hours.
- Practise using the dropper to develop good dosage control
- Clear and wipe your child's nose
- Tilt your child's head right back (see diagram)
- Apply 1 to 2 drops in each nostril.
Do not to use for more than 5 days in a row. Keep away from the eyes. If cold symptoms persist consult your doctor or pharmacist. To avoid possible spread of infection, only one person should use each bottle.
When to use
Otrivine® Child Nasal Drops provide relief from nasal congestion (including blocked noses due to colds); perennial and allergic rhinitis (including hay fever) and sinusitis.DO NOT USE THE DROPS IF YOUR CHILD:
- is under 6 years old
- is allergic to xylometazoline hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients in the drops
- has an inflamed nasal passage
- is allergic to other decongestants
- has had recent neurosugery or nasal surgery
- has heart disease or hypertension
- has diabetes
- has hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid gland)
- has closed angle glaucoma
- has phaeochromocytoma (a tumour of the nerves associated with the hormone glands)
- is taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) or has stopped taking them in the last 14 days
- is taking betablockers
Otrivine® Child Nasal Drops are available from your pharmacist in 10 ml packs. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use after the expiry date stated on the bottle. Do not store above 25ºC. We do not recommend using each bottle past 28 days of opening.
The active ingredient is xylometazoline hydrochloride (0.1% w/v). The other ingredients are sodium chloride, sodium phosphate, sodium acid phosphate, disodium edetate, benzalkonium chloride, sorbitol, hypromellose and water. Always read the label.