Otrivine® Adult Nasal Spray
Delivers the medication in a fine mist to help clear congestion quickly and effectively.
- Provides relief in as little as 2 minutes
- Lasts up to 10 hours
How it works
Otrivine® Adult Nasal Spray contain the active ingredient xylometazoline hydrochloride that helps to open up and clear nasal passages by reducing nasal mucus and returning swollen blood vessels to their normal size.
How to use
For Adults and Children over 12 years of age: 1 spray in each nostril 2 or 3 times daily.
- Clear your nose.
- Lean forward slightly and insert the nozzle into a nostril (see diagram).
- Squeeze the bottle once and sniff at the same time.
- Remove the nozzle before releasing the pressure on the bottle.
- Repeat for the other nostril.
Do not use continuously for more than 7 consecutive days. If symptoms persist consult your doctor or pharmacist. To avoid possible spread of infection, only one person should use each bottle.
When to use
Otrivine® Adult Nasal Spray provides relief from nasal congestion (including blocked noses due to colds); perennial and allergic rhinitis (including hay fever) and sinusitis.DO NOT USE THE SPRAY:
- If you are allergic to xylometazoline hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients in the spray
- If you have had recent neurosurgery
- On children under 12 years of age
- If you are allergic to other decongestants
Otrivine® Adult Nasal Spray is available in 10 ml packs. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use after the expiry date stated on the bottle. Do not store above 25ºC. We do not recommend using each bottle past 28 days of opening.
The active ingredient is xylometazoline hydrochloride (0.1% w/v). The other ingredients are sodium chloride, sodium phosphate, sodium acid phosphate, disodium edetate, benzalkonium chloride and water.
Always read the label.